THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:14 am 

Tapco G2 is probably the most popular especially with the price it sells for. I have them in most of my AKs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:08 pm 
Business Member

The G2 is a lot easier to re-profile as well. The AKT has profile issues that can either be worked around intelligently or, like most do, it can be treated like it is a Tapco G2, which it is not. I still can't figure out what they were thinking with that profile. It makes no sense in regards to reliability or action feel. If you are starting from scratch on a ground up trigger, why not perfect the profile while you are designing the profile? I tried to give them a perfected one to copy, but they completely ignored me. Pride, lol. I just wanted to have something I could do a mild polish on and drop in the weapon as-is.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:13 pm 
Business Member

bob in st. louis wrote:
Hmm... I was hoping for a more definitive answer that "All the cool guys are using the '_____' FCG".
But that would be too easy.
I was hoping for more of a drop in type solution. I've ground mine down to the point where there's not much left, and it made no difference.
Seems I'm not a gunsmith, after all. I'd hate the idea of spending a couple hundred, "dropping it in", and it making no difference.
After the amount of time, effort and money I've spent, the level of frustration has me to the point where I'm ready to sell it and find something else.
I've seen all the EVL videos. I've subscribed, so I got notification as soon as he released them. Yea, that awful darn sexy... no doubt... I can't deny that.

You will love the weapon and the trigger when I am done with it and I'm not talking about a SBS build. You just need my V12R Weapon Refinement. You ship the weapon, I perfect it, and you enjoy it. Easy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:12 pm 

evlblkwpnz wrote:
You will love the weapon and the trigger when I am done with it and I'm not talking about a SBS build. You just need my V12R Weapon Refinement. You ship the weapon, I perfect it, and you enjoy it. Easy.

Indeed. We've talked about prices before, but that was for SBS, and a long time ago as as well.
I think it's time we revisit our discussion. Can you PM me some prices and such please.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:41 am 

FIME makes an excellent trigger for the vepr 12. It's only made in the USA. Are located in Las Vegas. When I ordered my fcg last week they still had some Molot Veprs as well. Damn that braided hammer spring hurts when it gets loose on you. The bastard got me three or four times before I got it in there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:17 pm 

Yea, that hammer has thumped my fingernail a few times. :roll:
Once you get its legs pulled back behind its head, you can ziptie them together. Sure makes it easier and less painful that way.