THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Trigger Issues
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:22 pm 

Hi All,

Long time VEPR owner, only recently got on this forum however. I recently bought and installed the ALG AKT-EL trigger, as well as the JTE Performance Power Hammer Spring (as recommended on CSS's store website). Unfortunately, I'm having issues, and I think its releated to the spring.

First, the trigger isn't resetting after each shot. I have to manually push the bottom of the trigger forward with my index finger to set for the next shot. This is nearly 100% of the time with the new spring. I also had several FTF's that we than put in my friends mossberg and fired no problem. It was striking the primer, but apparently not forcefully enough (it also was older ammo, but again it shot fine in the mossberg).

Has anyone had this happen before? I've made sure both arms of the spring are in fact on the trigger, but the friction of the hammer on the disconnector seems to be enough to resist the spring.

I've thought about going back to the stock spring (or bending the legs a bit on the JTE spring), but I thought I'd ask the community before I did anything - I can't imagine I'm the only person who's had this issue.

Post subject: Re: Trigger Issues
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:59 pm 

Welcome to the forum. I would try the OEM spring first. You might not need the JTE. I've only ever used the OEM hammer springs. I'm sure V or Evl can add some more Intel on the matter.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:19 pm 

If you google that spring, you will find many similar posts. The spring is made to be tuned. You bend the short leg that wraps around the hammer to tweak the force.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... Kuc0dbxq_a

It's a race part for people who are really trying to fine tune the hammer force. Most people would suggest just using the stronger stock spring. If you want a smooth light trigger, tune the trigger surfaces. We have a couple guides on that sticked. Check the tech section of this forum. They are right at the top. There's no need to compromise reliability to get a nice trigger better than what people consider a fine match trigger on an AR.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:48 pm 

Thanks Guys!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:39 am 

Why not just try the factory spring?

Give us a report back to see your results! Hope the weapon is treating you well. 8-)

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!