THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:40 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:57 pm 

Hi all, new the forum and to AK style firearms and the Vepr, not new to firearms.

I recently purchased a fixed stock unit (kicking myself for not researching more first and just getting the thumbhole stock version, which would have been cheaper and easier to modify) and am researching the options to put an M4 style stock on my Vepr 12. I've lurked around the site, saw all of the YouTube videos (Vepr 12 All Day's videos are awesome), used Google and come to the conclusion that the only two options that I know will work are the CSS unit with the pig nose and the Rotor. The Rotor is not appealing to me and while the CSS version looks well made, I really like the style that allows you to use the M4 endplate.

I see that Dissedent Arms sells the Canis square back which I assume is for some variant I don't know about, anyone know if there is a similar adapter available for the fixed stock version?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 am 

Did CSS stop making the ACE compatible model of their adapter? That's the version I have on my Vepr 12 mated to the ACE folding AR stock adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:36 pm 

rwhite135 wrote:
Did CSS stop making the ACE compatible model of their adapter? That's the version I have on my Vepr 12 mated to the ACE folding AR stock adapter.

No, I think that's available, however, I'm building mine for 3 gun and I'm not looking to add any length and I don't need it to fold. I re-evaluated and determined the adapter with the pig nose will work fine and ordered it. I'm going to run some ammo tests unmodified, then the mods will begin!