It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:54 pm 

scrapdo wrote:
Data wrote:
VforVandetta wrote:
The adapter is found directly here:

https://4range.com/product/original-rus ... -9443.html

There is also a link to my install video on that page.

I realized that before I linked to a general search of rotor on that page.

That adapter is perfect for what you wanna do, because you're not busting the weld, you're not driving out the OEM folder pin which can be a pain, or putting a new folding mech/trunnion in. Just pop
The pins out of the rear portion of the trunnion, pull the old stock out, and then install the rotor and secure it.

-V

Why is this better than drilling the pins in the rear trunnion and using an adapter like the CSS model? Seems like either way I'm drilling something. The stock is the only part of my VEPR I don't care for, but honestly this mod terrifies me.

Ok, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the pin drilling from the fixed stock solution applies to the factory folders. I did not see those pins on my trunion. I went with the CSS folding adapter and welded it closed. It was pretty easy to do, just tapping out 2 roll pins and replacing them with the new adapter.

You're right! I keep forgetting the factory folding variants have a different (arguably better) trunnion. The truly-fixed stock version is the black sheep of the VEPR family. Sorry for the confusion.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:21 am 

scrapdo wrote:
Thanks, I wish I'd seen that before I busted my weld. Oh well.

Um. I thought the point of this post was that you weren't allowed to have a folder? (hint hint)

If you are feeling overwhelmed by this project, feel free to contact me at the email below.

We do $200 stock conversions and that includes the buffer tube/castle nut/stock itself and the drilling/fitting/hammer swinging. Since yours is a factory folder, you will need an adapter specific to the folder, but we can probably source that for you as well.

Our turnaround times are pretty good.

Also you can use my discount code for 5% off.

-V

WWW.4RANGE.COM Use code "V4V5" FOR 5% OFF

"Harness the power of your Inner Russian"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:16 pm 

VforVandetta wrote:
scrapdo wrote:
Thanks, I wish I'd seen that before I busted my weld. Oh well.

Um. I thought the point of this post was that you weren't allowed to have a folder? (hint hint)

If you are feeling overwhelmed by this project, feel free to contact me at the email below.

We do $200 stock conversions and that includes the buffer tube/castle nut/stock itself and the drilling/fitting/hammer swinging. Since yours is a factory folder, you will need an adapter specific to the folder, but we can probably source that for you as well.

Our turnaround times are pretty good.

Also you can use my discount code for 5% off.

-V

Well, I'm allowed to have a welded shut one. So the point was that changing to the M4 folding stock was easy, but I'd have preferred to change it to an m4 fixed stock without the need to take an entire additional step of welding the new folder closed.
It came out pretty well but, yea, I'd rather have not needed to break the weld and add another. There were such delays in my first few posts after registration getting shown that I got impatient after the first reply and just went with option #1.

It was an easy project, but thanks for the info and help, i appreciate it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:15 am 

Ah, my bad, I got you and data mixed up he was the one that said it was terrifying.

Nice work!

-V

WWW.4RANGE.COM Use code "V4V5" FOR 5% OFF

"Harness the power of your Inner Russian"