THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:41 am 

Stig wrote:
In case anyone is looking for mag pouches, I just picked up a couple of these https://www.keepshooting.com/m26-modula ... pouch.html
Holds four 5-round mags perfectly and the price is unbeatable

Thanks for the link, I just ordered one. For 4 bucks you can't go wrong. I ordered some other nifty items while I was at it :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:55 am 

Has anyone found a decent, not hugely expensive kydex or other similar material pouch that works on a 3 Gun belt? I bought a Bladetech one and it technically works but I had to wrench down pretty hard to squeeze it down to where it would hold the mag tightly. I know Dissedent has one by Nerd but it is too cost prohibitive for me. The one other place I saw online that sold them have been out of stock for the two months I’ve been looking.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:27 pm 

Have you thought of making your own? I have no idea what a 3-gun setup would require, but I have been working with Kydex for a few months and you can do just about anything with it. The nerd carrier would be pretty easy to replicate in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:44 am 

The bladetechs work well. If youre using molot mags then they dont need to be tightened down too much. I use promag saiga 12 mags and they are quite narrow compared to molot. I have tightened down the bladetech so much to make them fit that the rubber spacers are warping and splitting, the factory mags wont even fit in the pouch when set up for the promags.

If youre concerned about it then take the rubber spacers out and shorten them with a knife. Easy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:23 pm 

Stig wrote:
Have you thought of making your own? I have no idea what a 3-gun setup would require, but I have been working with Kydex for a few months and you can do just about anything with it. The nerd carrier would be pretty easy to replicate in my opinion.

I haven't considered making them, maybe if there are no other options. I did find one place, they have been out of stock for the two months I have been looking, I contacted them and they said they're making more and will e-mail me when they have them ready.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:55 pm 

czechmate wrote:
The bladetechs work well. If youre using molot mags then they dont need to be tightened down too much. I use promag saiga 12 mags and they are quite narrow compared to molot. I have tightened down the bladetech so much to make them fit that the rubber spacers are warping and splitting, the factory mags wont even fit in the pouch when set up for the promags.

If youre concerned about it then take the rubber spacers out and shorten them with a knife. Easy.

I'm using 12 round SGM mags tuned by Dissident, the Bladetch just seems not made for them (factory 5 round fits about the same), the majority of the retention on the SGM mags is the raised lips on the side of the mag, with a little coming at the bottom of the pouch bit only if I crank it down a bunch. I have removed the smaller and cut down the larger spacers as needed to get to where the retention works best, however, the pouch just doesn't seem like a great fit overall, time and use will be the final judge, just don't want to buy more of them if I'm unsure what the end result will be and I won't know that until I go through a few matches.

I will say, I use Bladetech's drop and offset adapter for my pistol holster and ordered up one for the mag pouch and the drop and offset work really well (they're pretty cheap too). I'm going to use the Bladetch but I want two more that preferably fit better so I have at least 36 rounds available for my belt.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:24 pm 

If you are interested, send me the dimensions of the kydex carrier you want. And the brand of magazines you are using and I will see if I can make one for you to try out. Also, have you looked into G-code stuff at all? Their RTI line has some interesting modular belt attachments.
Regards,
Brian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:57 am 

Stig wrote:
If you are interested, send me the dimensions of the kydex carrier you want. And the brand of magazines you are using and I will see if I can make one for you to try out. Also, have you looked into G-code stuff at all? Their RTI line has some interesting modular belt attachments.
Regards,
Brian

I’m using the SGM 12 round mags. I already use Safariland ELS mounting system on all of my mag pouches, shot shell caddies, and the QLS for my holster, that way I can configure the belt for what I need on each stage. I’ve seen the G-Code stuff but the Safariland does what I need it to and is less expensive. I usually don’t take the holster off until the end of the day anyway so ease of getting it on and off isn’t a big deal, plus with the Safariland stuff, they don’t slide around on the belt, once you clip them in the adapter, you know where they’ll be.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:25 pm 

I should have said specifications instead of dimensions. What I mean is: what side of your body are you wearing the mag carrier on, rounds up or down, curve of magazine forward or back, cant of magazine, length of magazine to be inserted into carrier(height of carrier), and amount of drop from belt.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:55 pm 

Stig wrote:
I should have said specifications instead of dimensions. What I mean is: what side of your body are you wearing the mag carrier on, rounds up or down, curve of magazine forward or back, cant of magazine, length of magazine to be inserted into carrier(height of carrier), and amount of drop from belt.

Sorry, missed this from a few weeks ago, I’m going to hang tight and see if this other company gets any back in stock as promised, they are asking $35 for them, which is reasonable, if that doesn’t pan out in the next month or so, I’ll be looking again, thanks for the response.