THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:15 pm 

Imagine how much money Magpul would make if they started making V12 mags. Maybe an 8, 10,12 and a 20rd drum. Take my money!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:42 am 

Forget drums and 10 rounders. Double stack stick mags like a modern pistol is where it is at. Dream big if you're going to dream.

Imagine... 12 rounds in the length of an 8. Or 15 rounds in the length of a 10. 8-)

Mags like that exist. I seen 'em on the YouTubes.

The subject forearm adapter seems well done. I prefer a polymer hand guard myself. Easy on the fingers in cold weather.

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:25 am 

Yeah double stack would be sweet. Nobody would buy the drums if they could get a reliable 15 to 17 round stick IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:01 pm 

Motar wrote:
Imagine how much money Magpul would make if they started making V12 mags. Maybe an 8, 10,12 and a 20rd drum. Take my money!

Somebody needs to step up. Ive heard over and over again "they stopped importation" ok? So how about all the brand spankin new V12's that just got sold because of this sanction? Face it theres more V12's on the street than ever before. How many of these new owners are going to be content with just the 5rnd factory mag? Unless you want to pay obscene prices, you might as well forget MOLOT factory mags. CSSPECS makes nice mags but theyre not necessarily light. And everything else is basically junk compared to Molot and CSSPECS. Now is the time to step up with a damn near identical (in dimensions and materials) mag to Molot factory. Price them reasonably and watch the money flow in. K-Usa is rumored to be planning a V12 clone in the future also.
I have a topic already about this subject here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7895

Heres my response to the idea that aftermarket support may slow down or dissapear due to sanctions.
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7686&start=40

Bottom line is this..make the damn parts, and make as many different parts at the maximum quantity you are able to and they will sell because THERE IS NO COMPETITION. Nobody wants their expensive and beloved Saiga/Vepr rifle or shotgun to become a useless, oversized paper weight due to a consumable part breakage. I kept trying to beat this into "Mr. green"s head back when he was making x54r extractors. He kept B.S.ing talking about he doesnt know if or when he will do another run. And what the heck do you know?? He sold every damn extractor he could pump out..just like I called it. He even had people fiending like junkies willing to buy one second hand for top dollar! And members organizing and updating group buys on their own time with no compensation! Wow
Heres the thread from april 2015
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3331&start=220

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:52 pm 

I'm a little leary of permanently altering a firearm.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:49 pm 

Nephilim7 wrote:
Forget drums and 10 rounders. Double stack stick mags like a modern pistol is where it is at. Dream big if you're going to dream.

Imagine... 12 rounds in the length of an 8. Or 15 rounds in the length of a 10. 8-)

Mags like that exist. I seen 'em on the YouTubes.

The subject forearm adapter seems well done. I prefer a polymer hand guard myself. Easy on the fingers in cold weather.

Surefire AR mags are effectively a "quad stack". They have 60 and 100 round models.

You'd think a "double stack" shotgun mag would be a no-brainer, but I'm not sure how much more engineering is required to deal with the case rim. If they can do it for .357 Magnum then 12 gauge shouldn't be that difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:14 am 

Everything I've heard about the surefire mags is that they are ultimately unreliable.

Magpul D60 drums are the go to in the AR high capacity game.

Everything I've heard about double stack shotgun mags is that they are a pipe dream and that no-one can pull it off.

I'll be the first one clapping when they do, but in my experience I've found single stack mags hanging down to 15 or even 20 rounds and even the SGM drums are every bit as maneuverable as I need including fast runnin, shooting in tight quarters/obstacles/around walls, crouching down low/taking a knee etc.

Try it out! Push the limits!

-V

WWW.4RANGE.COM Use code "V4V5" FOR 5% OFF

"Harness the power of your Inner Russian"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:33 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSysoAK9ZTA

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:48 pm 

Nephilim7 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSysoAK9ZTA

Awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:45 pm 

I stand corrected.

Having one prototype to hang your hat on is nice, I had researched a bit on the saiga forums where everyone had their hopes up and MD just kind of disappeared.

Now there is a comment on the video from them from a couple months ago basically saying they're not gonna move forward with it because of the saiga ban.

From a speed reload standpoint I'd still rather have a 15 or 20 round single stack stick when running with it or reloading from a pouch, but that's just personal preference. It would make a great starter mag for sure or would be good for working in really tight spaces.

-V

WWW.4RANGE.COM Use code "V4V5" FOR 5% OFF

"Harness the power of your Inner Russian"