THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Well she folds now.
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:48 pm 

:lol: thanks for the heads up! Like I said, I want an M4 stock on it anyways, so as long as the frame side is flat (which it is), I'm good. I just took "fixed stock" from the ad too seriously and thought maybe the newest batches being imported were literally solid. I just kept cutting, looking for a gap :| Speaking of which, I was eyeing the strikeforce elite scoripion recoil stock. Is this something I can self install with the right tools, or does it actually require any real smithing? Short of having to re-rivet something, I should have all the tools I could need.

edit: ran home and sure enough, I just had to hit the stock release with some liquid wrench and she folded back just fine. Hit my "work" up with some high temp black brake caliper paint and she looks great. THANK YOU for the help.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:38 pm 

[quote="PapaZorro"]Guys, if someone decide to remove the RPK (V-12) folding mech pin, it must be done, by using punch, from bottom of the receiver with the opened dust cover :) .

Punch? How much punch? I mean, I have almolst broken my hand yesterday when trying to remove this pin. And I used a really big hammer and a 3mm stainless punch. I haven't been able to move this bitch a a single millimeter, even though the pin doesen't seem to be welded. :|

I am pretty afraid to maltreat this pin any further, as it might get mushroomed.

There must be better way than just using brute force.

Any ideas or hints are highly welcome :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:38 am 

Let me save everyone some pain!!!

You want to put that AR buttstock on your new Vepr 12 but you find out you have the new pinned and proprietary trunnion that is cramping your style! Bonesteel, Canis, etc do not make a stock for this gun.
Here is your solution:

www.4range.com (site is not kept up to date, they are based Florida and ship from Florida)

email them and ask for the Molot factory AR adapter. They do not list it on their site but have them in stock. They get them directly from Russia and they are 168.95 walking out the door. They'll send you a paypal invoice. They took 1 day to respond to my email, after contact they were quick to reply and nice.

This adapter replaces the Galil-style folding stock, from the hinge back. You still have to cut the weld and hang on the the hardware because you will re-use the hinge pins, springs etc from the factory folder.

Bam! You're welcome!

Alternatively you can contact Andy at russiansurplus.net and he occasionally has them in stock for 145 -195$ but he was out of stock as of yesterday. He is in PA and ships from PA.

168$ ??? yes. I took a long time finding the part and finally found one and ordered it on shooters-shop.ru. The cost was 2800 Rubles + 4% + tax + EMS shipping which all came to over 170$ when they sent me the invoice. You can go that route but I wouldn't suggest it. 2 wks delivery time from Russia. They actually told me about 4range.com. How nice!

have a great day kids!!!!
Brian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:14 pm 

Wallets wrote:
Let me save everyone some pain!!!

You want to put that AR buttstock on your new Vepr 12 but you find out you have the new pinned and proprietary trunnion that is cramping your style! Bonesteel, Canis, etc do not make a stock for this gun.
Here is your solution:

http://www.4range.com (site is not kept up to date, they are based Florida and ship from Florida)

email them and ask for the Molot factory AR adapter. They do not list it on their site but have them in stock. They get them directly from Russia and they are 168.95 walking out the door. They'll send you a paypal invoice. They took 1 day to respond to my email, after contact they were quick to reply and nice.

This adapter replaces the Galil-style folding stock, from the hinge back. You still have to cut the weld and hang on the the hardware because you will re-use the hinge pins, springs etc from the factory folder.

Bam! You're welcome!

Alternatively you can contact Andy at russiansurplus.net and he occasionally has them in stock for 145 -195$ but he was out of stock as of yesterday. He is in PA and ships from PA.

168$ ??? yes. I took a long time finding the part and finally found one and ordered it on shooters-shop.ru. The cost was 2800 Rubles + 4% + tax + EMS shipping which all came to over 170$ when they sent me the invoice. You can go that route but I wouldn't suggest it. 2 wks delivery time from Russia. They actually told me about 4range.com. How nice!

have a great day kids!!!!
Brian

This looks overly interesting. Any chance you have photos of the install, before or after?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:49 pm 

To points earlier in this thread - which were helpful and inspiring, I thought I'd try my hand at breaking the weld on my factory stock folder. Mine came in from Atlantic and had a small, almost invisible weld.

- The release button was tough on the first press, but so easy after that.
- I then laid the rifle down on the carpet with hinge and release button up
- Pressed the button all the way and held it in with one hand
- placed my foot on the stock beside the hinge
- gently and carefully lifted the rifle by supporting the foregrip and keeping the stock on the ground with my foot and *pop*

I was surprised at how easy that little weld popped. I didn't have to use much strength at all or lift it the front end very high off the ground.

As for dealing with 4range.com... they were great in ordering a GK-01 brake. Ordered late Sun night and it shipped today. If I decide to go with an AR stock, I will certainly consider them for the adaptor.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:02 am 

BorisBadenov wrote:
To points earlier in this thread - which were helpful and inspiring, I thought I'd try my hand at breaking the weld on my factory stock folder. Mine came in from Atlantic and had a small, almost invisible weld.

- The release button was tough on the first press, but so easy after that.
- I then laid the rifle down on the carpet with hinge and release button up
- Pressed the button all the way and held it in with one hand
- placed my foot on the stock beside the hinge
- gently and carefully lifted the rifle by supporting the foregrip and keeping the stock on the ground with my foot and *pop*

I was surprised at how easy that little weld popped. I didn't have to use much strength at all or lift it the front end very high off the ground.

Frickin' brilliant! My weld from Centerfire is tiny. Will try this before Dremel.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:49 pm 

Just remember if you don't make a cut in the weld it may come loose next to the weld and you end up with a bigger hole to fix over a nice straight dremel line

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:57 pm 

This thread was perfect. Might be worth updating the original post with a list of tips, such as:

-Make sure release button is open ALL the way and propped in the open position
-Take your time
-Try the foot on the stock, leverage barrel method after every small Dremel cut, the weakest point WILL be the weld and therefore the first to break
-Nail Polish used to cover up exposed metal after breaking weld
-Remove Grip before starting (hey, you never know)
etc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:05 pm 

Lol....just a light slap popped my folder into folded position right out of the box......from centerfire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 pm 

Mine was from Atlantic - I just filed the high-spot off of the weld, then used the edge of the file to score a "break line".. ~5 minutes, and three minutes of that was finding the file. I could have probably just broken the weld, but the high spot needed to come off anyway, and I didn't want to tweak the stock or the gun..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next