THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:53 am 

This pesky intermittent issue has been solved once and for all by the latest edition of the Vepr 12 modified ALG available from 4range, the Gen 3.

Boomstick if you would like me to take a look at your trigger feel free to email me.

-V

WWW.4RANGE.COM Use code "V4V5" FOR 5% OFF

"Harness the power of your Inner Russian"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:53 pm 
Business Member

I never had that problem. What I did to the original AKT that I tried to give ALG to copy had everything addressed, profile, fitment, clearance, disco mods, reduced pre-travel, and reduced overtravel. It was 2 hours from the time it went out of the bag to the time I used it on video in an 8" evl grade SBS for the first time. ALG wouldn't even so much as reply to me with multiple attempts at contact both by phone and email, they abandoned the project, and here we are. I didn't want a penny for it and was completely willing to just give it to them, all I wanted was for them to say that I helped with the development and I wanted to be able to BUY a trigger that I didn't have to fool with other than minor polishing. Consumers could have had a perfected AKT FCG for Vepr 12 and Saiga 12, right out of the bag. Now, I have to heavily modify every single AKT that I install in a shotgun. I'm not happy about it. The additional expense to the customer for using that trigger in a shotgun could have been eliminated and I could spend that meticulous modification time doing other things.

On my list of products to offer after I get my feet under me with CNC programming is a short pull/short reset 2 stage trigger. It will work in a shotgun, right out of the bag, and work without issue with the factory spring. Speed and precision, all in one trigger. I have had the prototype for years. People who have tried it usually compare it to a Geissele 2 stage. It feels like a quality AR trigger, not an AK trigger. It will be a while as there are some involved things to do before that, but it will be worth the wait.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:53 pm 

I did live fire test yesterday and the pesky issue returned.

More light filing for me it seems.

It was fun doing some trap shooting with the vepr even though I had to push the trigger forward again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:43 pm 

evlblkwpnz wrote:
I never had that problem. What I did to the original AKT that I tried to give ALG to copy had everything addressed, profile, fitment, clearance, disco mods, reduced pre-travel, and reduced overtravel. It was 2 hours from the time it went out of the bag to the time I used it on video in an 8" evl grade SBS for the first time. ALG wouldn't even so much as reply to me with multiple attempts at contact both by phone and email, they abandoned the project, and here we are. I didn't want a penny for it and was completely willing to just give it to them, all I wanted was for them to say that I helped with the development and I wanted to be able to BUY a trigger that I didn't have to fool with other than minor polishing. Consumers could have had a perfected AKT FCG for Vepr 12 and Saiga 12, right out of the bag. Now, I have to heavily modify every single AKT that I install in a shotgun. I'm not happy about it. The additional expense to the customer for using that trigger in a shotgun could have been eliminated and I could spend that meticulous modification time doing other things.

On my list of products to offer after I get my feet under me with CNC programming is a short pull/short reset 2 stage trigger. It will work in a shotgun, right out of the bag, and work without issue with the factory spring. Speed and precision, all in one trigger. I have had the prototype for years. People who have tried it usually compare it to a Geissele 2 stage. It feels like a quality AR trigger, not an AK trigger. It will be a while as there are some involved things to do before that, but it will be worth the wait.

Looking forward to that Evl trigger!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:57 am 

I did some more trigger filing and polishing yesterday and got the trigger not catching on the disconnector anymore. Did a live fire test today and put 150 rounds through it. Trigger is working perfectly now and disconnector is also functioning properly. Finally got a nice trigger in the boomstick :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:06 am 

Awesomeness. A sweet trigger helps with accuracy big time !