THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:05 pm 

Hi guys!

Just shot my first IPSC shotgun match. Third and fitfth place out of 60 on two stages, had some learning problems on others but when I handled the shotgun correctly, it ran flawless. Great fun, worked well!

Now, I shoot with just a MaxRounds compensator from http://www.ipsc-shotgun.de. No choke. And I realized that I will need it!

I also have a Polychoke II combined with a Maxrounds comp, but don't dare to mount it. Lifesaving advice from PapaZorro. :-D

Ideally an adjustable choke, possibly 1/2 to full. With an integrated comp. Ideas anyone?

Most thankful for any advice!

Best regards,
Mats

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:39 am 
Business Member

Sounds like you had fun.

I have been wanting to chop to ~14" internally thread a V12, and interference fit a GK-01 on it. It is one of those things that most people wouldn't do, but I think it would be great for competition distances. It may be one of my first personal projects after I get my license.

evl....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:50 am 

Great fun it was!

I don't believe you can shorten the barrel too much, no idea where the limit is, because you woun't make the power factor required... Going below 28 grams almost always end you up on the wrong side of what it takes to reach Major. But its of course just an issue if you compete.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:36 pm 

Papa,

Any experience with either of the Tula 4 chamber brakes that russiansurplus is selling? Specifically as to how the compare to the Molot GK-01?

http://www.russiansurplus.net/product_p ... hamber.htm

And

I love my GK-01 brakes but now I want something different. I'm looking for something effective and prefer to stick with a Russian brake.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:58 pm 

sunnybean wrote:
Papa,

Any experience with either of the Tula 4 chamber brakes that russiansurplus is selling? Specifically as to how the compare to the Molot GK-01?

And

I love my GK-01 brakes but now I want something different. I'm looking for something effective and prefer to stick with a Russian brake.

Thanks

Yikes that thing is ugly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:28 pm 

505Fire wrote:

I'm not concerned about the looks. I want it to perform. Most of the market is saturated with evil looking devises that do nothing but add weight to your gun. Because everyone is jacking off to eotwawki zombie apocalypse fantasies they sell like crazy. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:08 pm 

sunnybean wrote:
505Fire wrote:

I'm not concerned about the looks. I want it to perform. Most of the market is saturated with evil looking devises that do nothing but add weight to your gun. Because everyone is jacking off to eotwawki zombie apocalypse fantasies they sell like crazy. :roll:

For me is the best unswear, that MCB is better, to see what model is used today by top IPSC shooters on their V12/S12, these guys/girls are using the best (available on the global market) for getting the best results on the competitions. Most Top Russian use Original GK-01 (designed by Vsevolod Ilyn) and you practically will not see GK-01 predecessors (Efimovs design MBCs) or GK-01 imitators (Taktika Tula 20015, Thai MCS or CSS clone), in Europe are used Maxrounds and Original GK-01, in Thai - MBC based on GK-01.

There are pics of Thai MBC

Notice that MBC does not have holes on the left side ;) - Thai shooters know why.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:17 pm 

There are some Russian muzzle attachments from Tula

The pics of MBC Taktika Tula 20015

The pics of MBC Taktika Tula 003 20018

The pics of FH Taktika Tula 20007

The pics of FH Tula NS-12

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:28 am 

Thanks for the reply papa. I'll hold off on anything different at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:23 am 

sunnybean wrote:
Thanks for the reply papa. I'll hold off on anything different at this point.

I have not tried Tulas MBK yet, and can write my subjective opinion based on Tulas' MBC construction examination.

Both model based on Efimovs MBC design (Polygon, PSH-2 / 4, Improved Efimovs MBC) that split the device for several chambers, where the first one is for recoil reduction - have angled holes "gills". Ilyn used this first chamber construction when he designed his GK-01 MBC, as well as "Cheaply" on his MBC.

Let's look at MBC Taktika Tula 20015, what we see:

1) first chamber is designed as compensator (up and right), the huge 2-4 chambers has useless left holes, IMO this device does not work as MB only as Comecator.
2) it weighs 295 g (10,5 Oz), the same as steel PSH-2 (300 g) and much heavier than Al GK-01 210 g (7,4 Oz)

Let's look at MBC Taktika Tula 20015, what we see:

1) The design is very close to improved Efimovs MBC
2) first chamber has compensation (up) hole that decrease effectiveness of recoil compensation of the chamber as well as 3 gill instead of 4-5 on Efimovs MBC, 3 gills is used only on 20 Ga Polygon- for compensation are used 2-5 chambers of Taktika Tula 20015, and why they made extra hole in recoil chamber I don't know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next