THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:33 pm 

NCfirefighter wrote:
This may as well be Latin to me

Private message me and I will give you my phone number.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:24 pm 

Has anyone tried the Sellier & Bellot 2&3/4 OO Buckshot? This ammo can be ordered (pretty much everyday) for $0.3276/round, after shipping, if you buy a case. This seems like a great option for break-in.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:15 am 

covinth wrote:
Has anyone tried the Sellier & Bellot 2&3/4 OO Buckshot? This ammo can be ordered (pretty much everyday) for $0.3276/round, after shipping, if you buy a case. This seems like a great option for break-in.

Remember half the theme of this thread is that you aren't even close to telling enough of the story if you just mention the payload diameter and brand.

You don't have weight or velocity, and S&B make a lot of flavors. 9 pellets is an ounce and an eighth. if it is a 9 pellet load, it needs to be at least a 1200 FPS version, but probably a little more to run in your gun. if it is a 12 pellet load, odds are it is slow, but not too slow to run given the extra mass. 8 pellet loads are 1 oz loads, and are usually painfully low velocity too.

I have used a few of theirs. They tend to be a little light on the velocity per numbers, but well made. Usually unbuffered with a roll crimped hull. The clear hull is neat, and they actually stack the pellets. However, the soft hull and roll crimp are vulnerable to dings on the edge of the crimp, or dents between the pellet stack, which can lead to misfeeds. Not my first choice for serious use, but they will work so long as they haven't been kicking around for a long time or chambered and unloaded too many times.

Break-in is mostly myth. If your gun won't run light ammo before break in, it probably won't after either. Profile your hammer, cycle the spring a few times and deburr the rails. This will do more than any break in process involving hot loads.

shotguns, some gunsmithing, reloading, fabrication, knife making, etc.

I'm a firearms/NFA attorney in Wa. Let's combine business, pleasure, and stamps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/armaggedonite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:31 am 

First post! First Vepr, Great thread!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14