THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 am 
Business Member

Great post Rev. I modded a couple of my AGPs for my Saiga -w- Russian magwell a few years ago but never was really happy with them because I took too much off trying to make sure they would drop free. They would feed good but sometimes with magnum loads they would fall out under recoil.
I hope I have now fixed that problem with them, and the ones I modded for my Vepr 12. If this crappy weather will hurry up and clear out of here I'll be testing them and my others in it.
Another bonus is, I successfully modded them to operate the Russian LRBHO, using the same method I used to operate the custom one I designed in my S-12. I'm happy now. I won't have to worry about buying any more mags, and my Saiga / VApr magwell mags are interchangeable. Sweet.

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:02 am 

This looks simple and straight forward, is it safe to assume this conversion will work the same on every other Saiga 12 mag, like for instance, ProMag..?

I've got 3 sitting at the bottom of my safe that have no use and I figured what the hell, I'll chop 'em. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:13 am 

So I found out that converting a ProMag SAIGA 12 magazine to run on the V12 requires a little more work than the AGP's do...

I did manage to get the one I converted to run in my V12 with the BHO working. It still requires some more fine tuning before I'm completely satisfied as it's got alot of slop in the magwell, nothing that can't be remedied though with some more work. :P

Why do it? 'Cause I've got more time than money. :mrgreen:

Where it is now, it loads into my V12 easier than the SGM V12 mag I have and it also drops free, unlike the SGM.

If anyone wants to see a "finished product" when I'm done I can post pics later.

Anyways, thanks for giving me inspiration and a project ReverendFranz. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:56 pm 
Voice of Reason

Please do post pics, i am interested to see the differences.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:45 am 

Will do sir!

I'll take some pics of it now before I finish it and then post them all up later when it's done. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:11 pm 

Thanks for this mod.....it saved me big $$ since everyone was scrambling and 10 round Sgm's were way out of stock last week....not to mention being really expensive.
10 minutes with a right angle grinder and a file and the AGP 10's fit right in there !!
Ks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:32 am 

sooo… I'm a little late to the party, but since I just sniped a ProMag 10 round Saiga mag for my beloved Vepr-12, would you care to upload those pictures you promised? :) Otherwise I will after I have received and butchered my mag, if I get it to work properly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:38 am 

I'm new here and will be getting my Vepr 12 next week. I've owned my S12 for awhile but have only used SGM mags which I did modify myself to insert easier on a closed bolt. So if the OP can make this thread a little more dummy proof can you have arrows pointing to the areas of needed modification, please?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:03 pm 

which reminds me... I'm not OP but I butchered my promag nevertheless. Took it out to shoot last Saturday. It worked, bolt hold open also worked, and it only wiggled around a little bit.

I had some FTE at first, but I also had them with a stock Molot mag. I will go try it again next Saturday.

So far, the "conversion" worked, but it is definetly a range mag, not a go to war / home defense mag. Not reliable enough.

If you're looking for alternative mags, there's also this now: http://stores.csspecs.com/vepr-12-gauge ... -magazine/ I dunno if it made this forum yet, but I just found them yesterday. Let's see if they ship to Europe.

Edit: attached some pics of my handywork on the magazine.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:42 am 

Awesome tutorial! This will save me a ton of cash on mags since I have twenty AGP 10 rounders for my Saiga. I am gonna try this sometime this week. You definitely make it look pretty easy to do. I'm sure that taking your time and checking the fit in between filing, will save you. From removing too much material. I've always wondered if I could use these mags. They worked great in my Saiga 12 so why not my Vepr12? I have seriously considered removing the mag well so I can use my MD Arms drums that I have. Evl posted a great tutorial on the mods to use them and the AGP mags I think.
I don't know that I really wanna remove that mag well though, so for now I'll wait. But this looks really doable and practical for me.
I've gained tons of great tips and knowledge from this forum. I've lurked for a long time. You guys are awesome for giving so freely of your time and experience. Please keep up the great work! Guys like you and Evl have provided us with so much useful information. I sincerely want to say Thank You for all you do! I hope to some day help other folks on here as well.
Thanks
Patrick

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next