THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:10 am 
Business Member

It can get much smaller. Imagine taking about 10" off of the barrel. Post some pics. We like looking at guns with expensive parts ;).

Custom Saiga-12, Vepr-12, KS-12, and Lynx builds
(SBS and reliability are my specialties)
Cerakote and Moly Resin refinishing
AK100 installs
...and more

DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES TO...
evlutionz@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:56 pm 

Hay folks. Checking in. Been very busy lately.
I will be doing another furniture update. Probably in november or december some time. I want to teat a regular AK47 rail on the RSS1 but i am currently spending every penny getting ready for the big freeze.
I have since put an Ak47 buffer tube stock adapter on the gun and it works perfectly. So basically the gun's comparability with AK47 butts is now completely verified.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:01 am 

Awesome Naz! Any word on some bigger OEM mags ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:25 pm 

I have been keeping an eye ouy but nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:34 pm 

Zarimex has the 10 round rss1 magazines in stock but i was unable to order them due to website error. Maybe you will have more success. I emailed them for confirmation that they actually have them in stock and they responded, confirming that they do.
https://zarimex.eu/index.php?route=prod ... ct_id=6428

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:05 am 

I took the holiday to work on getting a new forend on the rss1. This time i chose to try a Magpul MOE AK47 forend. I have a mixture of good and bad news about this

The good news is that the upper handguard fits perfectly without mods. Second good news is that i was able to get the forend/lower handguard to fit.

The bad news is that heavy modification is necessary. Not only is it necessary to remove the heat shield and trim the inside walls of the handguard to make room for the barrel but every single connection point needed to be trimmed in some place. On top of that, the lower handguard retainer (the same piece of steel the front sling loops are part of) needs to be flatened at the very top by around 70% in order to make room for the gas piston housing to fit back into place. It is also necessary to cut a slot on each side of the upper part of the lower handguard to fit the sling loops in.

That all said. It is doable and it seems to stay put just fine. In fact, getting the forend back off is a greater problem so far. I haven't fired it yet since the install but i will give you a report whenever I do.

In short, some AK forends can be made to fit by someone who knows what they're doing but for the layman i would write this off as being incompatible with AK forends and consider the forends/lower handguards proprietary.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:10 pm 

Naz, Yes these shotguns are mildly different than the IZ 030 series. I modded an Arsenal black poly lower HG to fit mine for a different look up front. I put a cheese grater in the upper HG for better heat displacement , and added a Magpul sidefolder. I'm currently using SGM Vepr 12 mags in it. Thanks for all the contributions to this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:40 pm 

Commie Mike wrote:
Naz, Yes these shotguns are mildly different than the IZ 030 series. I modded an Arsenal black poly lower HG to fit mine for a different look up front. I put a cheese grater in the upper HG for better heat displacement , and added a Magpul sidefolder. I'm currently using SGM Vepr 12 mags in it. Thanks for all the contributions to this forum.

Same to you liberal Mike. I hope you are enjoying your holidays. And i hope your RSS1 is keeping s**t eating grins on your face.