THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:03 am 

New member here. Just picked up a Russian Vepr 12GA w/ Original Wood Thumb Hole Stock from Classic Arms. Stashed it away for Christmas.

I had been researching magazine-fed shotguns for over a year. Looked again and again at the many AR-pattern varieties available. Way too many available. Took a lot of notes. A few things that concerned me . . . too many varieties, not sure who would be around in a few years, less-expensive ones had a lot of plastic, proprietary magazines on some, etc. Every once in a while I would look at the AK-pattern shotguns, and ask myself why I never picked up a basic Saiga-12 years ago when they were cheap. Lately I dld noticed that there were even more new players in the AK shotgun arena. Went back and forth a lot, never could make up my mind.

A few weeks ago, I was out of town, relaxing at the hotel using my Kindle Fire, looking at gun stuff, and I noticed that Classic Arms had VEPRs for sale. So with a few screen touches, I had a shotgun on the way. (Since I had purchased from Classic before, they already had everything on file, even my FFL.)

So I snagged the basic wood stock model .... but that stock just has to go. I also learned that mine has the slant receiver, if that is the correct term. So question . . . what are my options for a side folder? Looking at both wire (tube) stocks and AR-style. Probably want it to fold to the right just like my FAL paratrooper. Before I share what I have found . . . any recommendations?

And yes, I know about 922r so no need to mention that. Been building FALs for many years now.

Thanks - 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:48 pm 

Welcome to the forum! Carolina Shooters Supply and CNC Warrior will sell you what you are looking for. You can use an adapter an add on, or buy the whole thing at one shot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:41 pm 

Thanks! I had found Carolina Shooters Supply but not CNC Warrier.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:22 pm 

CNC WARRIOR makes excellent products .just added their 4 pc . Muzzle brake . It gives a little more back pressure , which aids cycling of lower power ammunition in my short barrel vepr . Great stuff from great people .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:16 am 

I totally agree. I've never had one problem with my products and always get my orders in a timely manner.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:03 pm 

Welcome, ratas! You sir, are a connoisseur. 8-)

Glad to have you with us.

Praise the LORD, an' pass the amma-nition!