THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:23 pm 

Prs stock canis adapter houge grip magpul handguard and russian red heat muzzle break still need a gas tube to attach the top piece of the handguard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:46 pm 
Business Member

;)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:48 am 

how much of a mod was it to make the folder fit the adapter?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:09 am 

My Toy! 23" squareback with 3 position adjustable gas block. Vltor tube, CTR stock with 3/4" riser not shown, RS Regulate Side mount with Seekins rings, and a 3-15x42 SWFA scope.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:34 am 

Commie Mike wrote:
Attachment:
php5QrETEAM.jpg
Attachment:
phpjFUmffAM.jpg
Thank you. I agree that it is a treat to own. It shoots real nice! Heres the finished product...I took rail off top that covered gas tube, cut it down and mounted on bottom for Caldwell pivoting bipod. Added a Molot pistol grip to the ATI stock.Midwest Industries QD scope rail with Leupold high see through rings and a Tasco 4-16x40. Very affordable scope that I havent blown up yet. Lol. I have harvested dozens of Whitetails with this scope.

Do you know the exact model # for those scope rings? I'm looking for something similar. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:23 am 

ZuluAlpha8531 wrote:
"Sexy Piggy"
With AKT trigger installed
:idea:

how much work was it to get the AKT trigger to fit? Hammer mods?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:51 pm 

I'd love to hear any info on that trigger also. I just bought one during their sale. I own an Arsenal Sam7K-03, Zastava M77, Saiga 7.62x39 that I just converted, and recently got the Vepr 54r 23" rifle. I want to try it on the Vepr first to see how it is. Then maybe start on the Saiga trigger (has the Tapco in there now when I converted it) Thanks all... and a great forum!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:37 am 

Bobelak wrote:
Bobelak wrote:
Hello all. I have been on this site a while now, lurking in the shadows, as a guest. First post! I have a few photos on my slant back Vepr with the UNFINISHED stock. I am applying linseed oil in between coats as i type this. Also a little Kalashnikov candy on my scope mount. enjoy...

Here is the result of 14 coats of boiled linseed oil on a tiger maple stock over 3 months. The final coat got a wetsand. I am no finish pro but i anticipated a darker color. I modified the foregrip to make her unique. I used a reciprocating saw to cut it and a draw file made this foregrip modification perfectly symmetrical on each side. The only thing left is to install the steel dowel into the buttstock for the sling.

Nice! Tiger Maple is very light colored and dense, so there is not a lot you can do to darken it other than putting pigment in the finish itself.

I like that you angled the handguard's front end. Rhineland's square front on that handguard has always bugged me about it.

Hope you have fun with it! :)

Last edited by BorisBadenov on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:29 pm 

BorisBadenov wrote:
Nice! Tiger Maple is very light colored and dense, so there is not a lot you can do to darken it other than putting pigment in the finish itself.

I like that you angled the handguard's front end. Rhineland's square front on that handguard has always bugged me about it.

Hope you have fun with it! :)

Since I took these photos the stock has gotten a richer color to it. Guessing as time goes on I will have my desired contrast in the wood grain.

I felt the same way about the handguard. Imagine an Italian car designer collaborating every angle, every line on the vehicle to make a statement. As PERFECT as the Rhineland furniture was slight tweaking was in order for aesthetics. I wanted to have the gas chamber barely visible from the sides.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:42 pm 

27" Barrel, Viperspeed Muzzle Break, Canis Magpul Handgaurd and Stock Adapter, Luth-AR Stock, Utg Mount and Bi-Pod, Vortex Optics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next