THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:25 am 

Save your money. Bought one from Midway last week. Consistently causes bad jams / FTF on 8th round - destroys the brass. Tried multiple manufacturers ammo.

Waste of money.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:40 am 

Sorry to hear yours didn't work well. SGM has a replacement policy. Contact them, tell them your issues, and get a new one. I have 4 that work just fine.

Also, I am pretty sure the mag is not beating up your brass - it's most likely the being beat up from the banging around the cover and other internals upon ejection. These things are known to do that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:25 pm 

BorisBadenov wrote:
Sorry to hear yours didn't work well. SGM has a replacement policy. Contact them, tell them your issues, and get a new one. I have 4 that work just fine.

Also, I am pretty sure the mag is not beating up your brass - it's most likely the being beat up from the banging around the cover and other internals upon ejection. These things are known to do that.

The brass is not being beaten up by ejection.

The brass is being damage while feeding into the chamber. I seen the result of the bolt starting to push round number eight then overriding the rim and destroying the side of the brass case. It's happened more than once and always on around eight.

Never a hick up in my OEM magazines. Always feed reliably no matter what I ammo I use.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:50 pm 

CSSPECS in middle of developing magazine for this rifle. Be patient.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:19 pm 

I've got five of the SGM 10 round magazines, and I can't say that "they're crap".

What I did experience is that the first few times I used each one of them, the first round chambered would usually have trouble feeding. After the first round goes through, the other nine feed without issue. The problem hasn't re-occurred since the first couple of times I've used the magazines. Are they perfect? No, but if you want an option beyond the OEM five round magazines, they are currently it. Additionally, there is a very complete thread on this board on how to do a simple modification to the 10 round SGM's that pretty much solves their feeding issues (I've implemented the procedure on one of mine, and will soon do the other four as well).

In the mean time, I'm patiently waiting for CSSpecs to roll-out their magazines for the Vepr. Now, if only we could get somebody to develop a 20 round drum similar in design to the RPK drums.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:49 pm 

Mine 'kind of work'. Some days they function 100% and other days the first two rounds have trouble feeding (round will bang against the chamber wall instead of going in).

As its been said, CSSpecs is in development of steel 10 and 15 round magazines for the 7.62x54r, and the 10 round version is gonna be smaller than the SGM Tactical 10 rounders.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244995