THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:44 am 

Hello. New to the board. I just bought a Vepr in 7.62x54r with a 23" barrel and like the rifle very much.

I am looking to replace the stock set that was on the rifle as I find a length of pull is a bit too short when I use a scope as well as not being able to get a firm cheek weld as a scope is off-center . I've found replacement stocks made by both Ironwood design and Blackhorse Arsenal.

I have some concern about Blackhorse as they do not seem to have a very good name on the web. A lot of chatter about them going in and out of business and taking people's money.

Does anybody have any input on either of those two stocks?

Thanks!

Last edited by Seabee CO on Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:58 am 

Last edited by Booger on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:00 am 

I hope my post doesn't get moved. I was asking a stock question and not a new member introduction. :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:14 am 

I haven't heard anything good about BHA and I don't think they are even in business anymore. I have the IWD SVD furniture for my 23" 54R. I love it. I like it much better than the Rhineland SVD set (looks-wise, as I have never used it). I get a great cheek-weld with the IWD furniture for my scope (POSP 4-10x42VD).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:39 am 

BorisBadenov wrote:
I haven't heard anything good about BHA and I don't think they are even in business anymore. I have the IWD SVD furniture for my 23" 54R. I love it. I like it much better than the Rhineland SVD set (looks-wise, as I have never used it). I get a great cheek-weld with the IWD furniture for my scope (POSP 4-10x42VD).

How is the length of pull with IWD vs the original stock?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:38 pm 

Seabee CO wrote:
BorisBadenov wrote:

How is the length of pull with IWD vs the original stock?

I cannot say with 100% certainty since my 54R came already converted from Atlantic with the IWD furniture. The IWD furniture is 14" LOP. My 7.62x39 stock is also a 14" LOP, so if it is anything like the 54R (which they probably are), then they are the same LOP.