THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stocks, handguards, etc?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:02 am 

I got a new 20" Molot VEPR in 7.62x54r and I'd like to do as little permanent modification as possible and keep the weight as low as possible.

How do I get a mapgul AK MOE stock/grip on the gun? I've seen adapters but they seem to require to cut the tang off to fit. Are there other options? And if not, can someone link me an adapter? I'm having trouble finding parts at all.

What about a magpul MOE AK handguard? Will it fit without modification? Not the Zhukov as I believe that requires a lot of fitting.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:20 am 

And on a 2nd issue, what about switching out the trigger? I read a lot about Texas AK trigger but I'm unsure of the benefits over stock (Lighter? Match grade trigger?) and I also can't find it sourced anywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:48 am 

SFU2236 wrote:
And on a 2nd issue, what about switching out the trigger? I read a lot about Texas AK trigger but I'm unsure of the benefits over stock (Lighter? Match grade trigger?) and I also can't find it sourced anywhere.

I plan on getting one too mainly for 922r compliance so I can change the stock and handguard as well. As far as the stock you can get a angled adapter to use any ak stock. Handguard not as easy being the larger diameter of the barrel and only a few that are direct fit and no wood that i came across yet that wouldn't require modifications. What look are you going for?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:20 pm 

I don't know if some of those AK replacement triggers will work as is.

CSS has this modified Tapco G2 trigger that I use in my 54R.

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/C ... rigger.htm