THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:58 pm 

I have 23" barrel 54r, beautiful rifle.

buttstock, I would recommend Magpul, ATI is not bad if you tall, but if you short is too long and uncomfortable, I changed to Magpul CTR. And put Fab defense recoil tube.
Trigger and FCG= G2 trigger I recommend
Forearm/rail system:
I would recommend Krebs custom as best, but pricy, Caroline shooter Supply as second choice. I don't recommend SGM quadrail, one because its polymer and I think not as sturdy as aluminum and its ugly. My 54r first came with it.
Magazines(one downfall of this rifle), two choice is 5 round OEM or 10 round SGM. SGM actually not bad for this rifle. SGM is working for few years now to make 20 round one, but don't hold your breath.
Muzzle device: I highly recommend Lantac Dragon for AK47. I have one on mine and it does great job controlling the rise, but its loud and pricy. worth the money.
Mag release: I don't have problem with original, you much want to check out Carolina shooter supply they have some.

NCfirefighter wrote:
so i was able to score a brand new never fired 54r with 23" barrel and posp 4x24 from a co-worker in a very reasonable deal but Vepr is new territory for me so was hoping to pick the brains of other vepr owners and had a few questions

Buttstock- been looking at ATI's lately but open to suggestions

Trigger and FCG- this is a must swap out, not a fan of how the stock trigger feels, from what I've read most aftermarket require fitting to vepr

Forearm/rail system- no idea on what to do here,was looking at SGM's but it doesn't look like it has the real estate I need open to suggestion

Magazine-Apparently this discussion shouldn't be touched with a 10 foot pole

Muzzle device- Witt Machine brake, sold on this one

Mag release- this need some improving, suggestions?

Safet- already ordered a kerbs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:18 am 

Shore Tactical wrote:
There are some great accessories for these rifles (Vepr 54R is my fav) and we are hard at work trying to product some more custom parts. But most of what your going to choose is seeing something and having that "I want that on my rifle" feeling. It might even take a few tries to find what it is that exactly floats your boat.

had that reaction to your new vepr forearm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:39 am 

update like the ATI stock, not a fan of the adapter, feels like the buffer tube sits too low, will post it for sale soon, shore tactical won out on the forearms and i found the enhanced mag release i wanted, going to give the trigger a go on my own with some diamond files, will more then likely have to pick something new for 922 compliance, on a side note dyed the original stock and forearm red as a experiment and topped with amber shellac looks really smooth,