THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:32 am 

Commercial:

Factory VEPR: Obviously.
SGM Tactical: I've read that SGM stated that these where not designed for the Hunters or Super VEPRs and that they may have problems with those 2 variants. The lips seem to spread enough to prevent insertion or to make it difficult. Anyone have experience with these?

Surplus:

SVD: Requires mods to the rifle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:44 pm 

Actually, converting a 54r Vepr to accept SVD mags shouldn't be a 922r issue since they're only 10 rounds in capacity. Check out my thread down below about mags, I've compiled a lot of info there on possible options for the 54r.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:33 am 

Risky wrote:
Actually, converting a 54r Vepr to accept SVD mags shouldn't be a 922r issue since they're only 10 rounds in capacity. Check out my thread down below about mags, I've compiled a lot of info there on possible options for the 54r.

I just copied and pasted the text from the other posts, I'll get rid of that part. VEPRs should come set up for PSL mags, it's a shame.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:12 am 

bigj480 wrote:
Risky wrote:

I just copied and pasted the text from the other posts, I'll get rid of that part. VEPRs should come set up for PSL mags, it's a shame.

If they used PSL mags I hardly doubt that many people would buy them. They are expensive and hard to find. Lets hope someone else can add some more options into the market.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:27 pm 

Bought two of the 10 rnd SGM mags from MidwayUSA. One feeds flawlessly, the other wouldn't feed properly and caused jams. Tried sanding down the lips of the mag, cleaning it, and leaving it fully loaded for a couple days. Nothing worked. I sent it back to Midway and they exchanged it for another one. Its had about 60 rounds through it without any issues.

I had the same problem on one of the 5 rnd mags that came with it. One fine, one bad. I sent the problem mag back to the dealer, and he switched it out for another one which has been working flawlessly since.

I haven't had the greatest experience with polymer mags with any firearm. Mags made out of combination of metal and polymer (like a Glock), or completely metal, I have had no issue with.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:10 pm 
Big Sal

VeprFan wrote:
Bought two of the 10 rnd SGM mags from MidwayUSA. One feeds flawlessly, the other wouldn't feed properly and caused jams. Tried sanding down the lips of the mag, cleaning it, and leaving it fully loaded for a couple days. Nothing worked. I sent it back to Midway and they exchanged it for another one. Its had about 60 rounds through it without any issues.

I had the same problem on one of the 5 rnd mags that came with it. One fine, one bad. I sent the problem mag back to the dealer, and he switched it out for another one which has been working flawlessly since.

I haven't had the greatest experience with polymer mags with any firearm. Mags made out of combination of metal and polymer (like a Glock), or completely metal, I have had no issue with.

Thanks for posting this. I am almost at the point where I would recommend the company take another look at these things to make sure they are feeding from all models.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:15 pm 

I have four of the 10 rounders (SGM) I have shot with no problems, got two more in the other day but have not shot them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:22 am 

New member here, just ordered the 2 x 10 rounders from Atlantic. Scheduled to arrive by monday, think I will be testing them out by tuesday. Hopefully everything goes well without any issues, I will give an update once I try them out

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:47 am 

Kvar has some as does Armsofamerica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:35 am 

ProfBri wrote:
Kvar has some as does Armsofamerica

And how have they been working out for you? These full polymer mags have been hit and miss, and I've had to switch then out and get them exchanged until I find something reliable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next