THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Someone STOLE my baby!
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:31 pm 

We had a burglary 04/06 and the thief somehow got my Winchester safe open and cleaned it out. Gone are 4 pistols and most of my long guns, including my 54rVepr. I have the serial# if it ever shows up. Just a heads up.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:21 pm 

That SUCKS! My sympathies..same thing happened to me a few years back. Lost several handguns and my V12. Of course it was about a week after I put on a GK 01,(at the time almost impossible to get) and had just finished a trick tooled sling. I was SOOO pissed.
Luckily, thanks to the efforts of the boys in blue, it was returned within a month, minus the sling.
Hopefully you have a similar experience. Contact/visit your local gun and pawn shops and keep an eye out on Gunbroker and Armslist.
Hope the assholes shoot themselves in the foot with em. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:16 am 

Definitely does suck. I have to admit, I'm curious how the safe was breached? Forcefully, or everything intact?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:57 am 

That's the mystery, no visible damage, no cuts, no pry marks, just the combination dial feels loose now and sticky in spots. Winchester wants photos of damage to file a claim. I read stories of how the older Master padlocks can be opened in minuets, I just wondered if the same technique or similar is known to thieves?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:51 am 

Man, that sucks. Safe's are great for keeping the average idiot out but with the right know how they can be breached. It is very unlikely that some random burglar knew how to crack your safe with such skill. Probably someone you know, friend of a friend or a pro that has access to lists of safe owners. The other most likely candidate is cable guy or delivery guy or utility guy that may have seen the safe while working at your home. these guys can make note of your safe and pass the info along to their buddies.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:10 am 

stoneys48 wrote:
We had a burglary 04/06 and the thief somehow got my Winchester safe open and cleaned it out. Gone are 4 pistols and most of my long guns, including my 54rVepr. I have the serial# if it ever shows up. Just a heads up.

I hope you insured them