THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:38 pm 

Hello All,

I have a standard vepr .308 with the standard ak sights, 20 Inch barrel. I want to remove the front sight post and install an integrated front sight only. I would plan to keep the standard rear sight. Do you think this is doable without spending too much? Would an integrated front sight mod work well enough for the standard rear sight? If this is a doable project, do you know of any vepr sources or other acceptable aftermarket sources for the integrated sight that may fit the existing gas tube? I have seen clamp on integrated sights for standard akm that I wonder if they would work.

I also have a super vepr .308 with the integrated sights and I am really liking the feel of it better than the standard sights. This is what is prompting me to attempt the change.

I will run scopes on both rifles with the iron sights as a backup system.

I have tried to find the vepr 308's with the integrated sights, but never could find any for purchase, so I bought what I could. I would trade out if I ever ran into someone willing.

If all of this is crazy, someone please convince me why the standard sights are the best option to keep on this rifle. I just don't like them as good as the integrated, especially if I am using them as secondary to the scope. I like that the rifle feels and looks shorter and more maneuverable with the integrated sights.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:26 pm 

I would trade it for the the 02 series with integrated sights. Alot of guys would take that trade. It will be cheaper and less hassle.Which one is better is in the eyes of the beholder. You get faster target aquisition with O2 sights especially at close range. The longer sight radius with 01 sights will give you more accuracy with Irons at longer distances normally.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:46 pm 

I agree with Commie Mike - if you like the integrated, there is nothing wrong with that. And As he said, there are plenty of others who would probably trade you their 02 version with integrated sights for yours. Put an ad in the marketplace section here and in other AK forums and you'll probably get an inquiry rather quick.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:33 am 

Thanks for the input.

I will keep the swap in mind. If anyone else has any experience or input please continue to share.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:02 am 

Try Armslist (be careful) and Gunbroker too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:31 pm 

Thanks all. But i have decided to embrace the setup I have now.