THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:16 pm 

I just got my vepr 308 and like the furniture. I would like to know what stock adapters and forearm replacements people have used. I may want to change it in the future. Also is the thread protector a pain to remove?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:07 pm 

Im in the same boat, I just got mine yesterday, but had already bought the accessories to coincide with the arrival of the rifle. I always go against the grain from the masses, so I chose a "sniper" look rather than a "tactical" look for mine. I got a VEPR to M4 stock adapter from CANIS, an M4 foldable mechanism from CTD, an extension buffer tube, lock nut and end plate from MidwayUSA. Also an ERGO grip that Im going to modify for hand width adjustment. Also got the Magpul MOE handguard on a rifle length and going to modify it to make it fit. I know CANIS makes one already modified with the adapters, but that is for the mid-length. Im going to stop for a break, then later will continue with optics, muzzle break and trigger. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:54 am 

The thread cap just takes a dremel, fairly easy there are some posts on it here if you search.
As far as furniture there has been many different choices from ATI (no longer in production) to bonesteel, Canis, Ironwood, etc. Unfortunately many of the older pics on this site were deleted so you'll just have to read and research.
Good luck and please post some pics when you can.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:54 am 

Thanks I will check those out .Who makes a good muzzle brake that doesn't cost a ton?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:07 pm 

CNC Warrior makes a lot of good mid priced ones https://www.cncwarrior.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1884
I like the original russian one: http://www.cncwarrior.com/Russian-Origi ... /24619.htm but you do have to back drill it out a bit or the grove in the barrel (where the cap pin was) is visible.
Of course the adj. ones are the "best" but they run over a bill so...http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ares-Armor-EFFI ... 1639596746
There are a crapload of brakes, shrouds, suppressors, etc out there, get what you like the looks of unless you want specific properties (climb, recoil, etc) then go tuneable, just my 2 cents

Just looked at that ebay listing again and I noticed those Effin A's in the 14x1 LH thread are still avail and are at a GREAT price..$69!! I should get one before they're all gone - read some great reviews and saw several youtube videos raving about em...for the price I'd say that's prob one of the best option out there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:31 pm 

I bought a Canis Magpul adapter plates and was told by Canis that it is easy to mod the M4 midlength to fit.

NOT so Much!!! I have the Gen 2 VEPR 7.62x39 with 16".

There is quite a bit of cutting that will need to be done to get the front of the handguards to fit.
So Far, I've done the rear bottom cutting, but the rear top is going to need to have cut-out for the rear sight block. Band saw would come in handy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 pm 

Just to let the OP know that it is possible!