THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: .308 pic thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:54 pm 

AdioSS wrote:
That was a super, right? Were you the one who cut the thumb hole off the stock?

I don't know if unoPara did, but it liioks a a very nice job. The ergonomics wouldn't work for me at all though. More LOP and a higher Comb for me to get comfortable behind it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:07 pm 

wardog wrote:
I wanted something a little different for my DMR/hog hunting rifle so I reworked the trigger/trigger guard amd made adapters for a Magpul SGA stock and forend for a Mossberg 590.

One with my slightly modified 7.62x25 Tokarev.

Wardog, those both are really beautiful! Very nicely done. How does the comb height work for you on the Vepr?

On mine I have a Mako/FAB M4 w/adjustable comb and LOP. It makes it nice for me to be able to adjust LOP between winter and summer (our 2 seasons in WY). The winter clothes add a lot of bulk.

The comb height increases when ever its wearing a scope, especially when I am prone. Naked, the M4 straight stock (comb) down, works the best with my rear peep and stock V1 front.

It isn't finished yet, but I will try and get a photo of it up in the next few days.

Are going to eventually Cerakote the Vepr by any chance?

When everything else on mine is all done, that will be the last thing I plan on doing to it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:59 pm 

Maol wrote:
Wardog, those both are really beautiful! Very nicely done. How does the comb height work for you on the Vepr?

On mine I have a Mako/FAB M4 w/adjustable comb and LOP. It makes it nice for me to be able to adjust LOP between winter and summer (our 2 seasons in WY). The winter clothes add a lot of bulk.

The comb height increases when ever its wearing a scope, especially when I am prone. Naked, the M4 straight stock (comb) down, works the best with my rear peep and stock V1 front.

It isn't finished yet, but I will try and get a photo of it up in the next few days.

Are going to eventually Cerakote the Vepr by any chance?

When everything else on mine is all done, that will be the last thing I plan on doing to it.

Thanks. I have 3 different height cheek risers with that stock. The low or medium is good for iron sights, the tallest one is a little too low for a comfortable cheek weld with the scope on.

I have to move and re-rivet or weld the side rail on to the receiver because it is canted up about 20 moa from the factory. Once that is done, I will probably cerakote it or some other durable finish.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:34 am 

good show, dog

such a drag so many pics are DOA these days :|

~ George Washington

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:54 am 

FGutie35 wrote:
Finally done with my built! I bought this rifle back in April and have been ordering parts and waiting for those parts. I wanted it to looks as close as I envisioned for a DMR SPR rifle. So here it is!
[imgImage][/img]

[imgImage][/img]

Great job brother, that is a beautifully done rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:59 am 

wardog wrote:
I wanted something a little different for my DMR/hog hunting rifle so I reworked the trigger/trigger guard amd made adapters for a Magpul SGA stock and forend for a Mossberg 590.

One with my slightly modified 7.62x25 Tokarev.

Awesome job, thats very unique. Looks like one of the older robinson arms imports but the markings are different and the trigger looks to be rearward like a sporter saiga? What country are you in? Ive never seen a V-308 like that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:40 am 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:10 pm 

Hi I just finished this project. vepr.308. 20inch barrel.
BD3 brake
UTG Super Duty Bi-pod with QD Lever Mount
Carolina Supply Store QUAD RAIL (needed a lot of work to make it fit). ended making a new hole to match the original hand guard hole.
LEUPOLD SCOPE
RS REGULATE MOUNT W/ BURRIS MEDIUM SCOPE RINGS
MAGPUL GRIP
LUTH Ar MBA3 STOCK
Canis DESING (kit) ADAPTER WITH MIL SPEC TUBE

i am trying to post the images but i cant. i dont understand why is not pasting them? anyone any words of wisdom?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:32 am 

I have been trying to post my latest project all done but this thing won’t allow me to.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:43 am 

charlieboy52000 wrote:
I have been trying to post my latest project all done but this thing won’t allow me to.

Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics. There is a thread on this forum that will walk you through on uploading the pics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12