THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: .223 Versions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:11 pm 

Okay gents, I need the forum expertise. I'm trying to identify the "Model" of my rifle, as well as get an idea of the population in the States. Let me give you the specs and the corresponding curiosities related to such.
Mfg year: 2013.
Importer: WPA (they say they can't remember more than 10 being brought in)
Rifle specs: 20.5", fluted barrel, NON Super Vepr/Pioneer. (Almost everything I can find about the 20.5" fluted barrel was used in Super Vepr's)
Square back.
Thumbhole wood stock and separate handguard. (Not the full wood chassis in the Pioneer and the SV's) Although currently running Zhukov furniture.

According to WPA, they brought in less than 10 of these rifles when they were the importers: James at WPA initially said "if you have a fluted barrel, WPA didn't import them." I promptly sent him pictures of the rifle, proudly displaying their stamping and he said "I seem to remember getting less than 10 of those in that configuration when we were trying to decide which models we were going to import."
He made it seem like it was quite rare.
Now, FIME may have brought in thousands in this config, and some of you may own an exact duplicate (minus the DA magwell and Sabrewerks KOP) so I am just trying to understand how "rare" this rifle is.

Thanks in Advance.

And for the record, this is my 2nd DA gun (1st was a 16" Vepr, cut/pinned/welded to 14.5) and Chase has two more for me: a .308 and a Saiga .223. I hope to send him my 6.5G when he is done with the current two.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15lEUGfXDW_e4Qo29PpZMO92z9Y3DNz3k/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1isiURkPreEncNc8KadtWV_xeTqIZ_t2X/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Gaspistonguy on Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: .223 Versions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:52 am 

I can't see your pictures, but I do remember some Veprs came in with 20 inch fluted barrels. The ones I remember were in 5.45x39. Almost bought one. As you describe, they were not Super or Pioneer.

Dunno how many came in though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:43 pm 

Hill,
Try the links now...

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:20 am 

Pics are working now. Cool looking setup.