THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 pm 

Hello, right before they banned Molot Rifle, I was able to get 2 Vepr 223s. However, HUGE problems.
The much vaunted, bulgarian Circle 10 223 mags DO NOT work. Not only they do not lock, they simply do not go into the mag well. in the back.
The 5.45 bulgarian mag fits perfectly. 223 bulgarian mag does not fit at all. I bough 30 of them now I am sitting on 30 mags that do not work. Any suggestions? I know that mag catch needs to be filed a bit. That is NOT a problem. But they simply do NOT go into the magwell int he back. Not even by a hair. The rear of the mag doen't go into the mag well, seems a bit too wide. Please help

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:21 pm 

The Bulgy 223 mags are finicky in alot of 223 AKS. Worst case scenario is you can sell the mags. Dont the Veprs take a proprietary OEM (factory mag)?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjP52ZP6vyY

I saw this video the other day, this guy fitting Beryl, Galil and Circle10 223 mags for his Saiga in 223. In this video, the guy cant get the mags to rock into his saiga in the back but the actual problem is the front of the magazine hitting the locking lugs and needs to be filed a tiny bit.

I am not sure if the Saiga and Vepr 223 share the same magwell geometry but I imagine there is a good chance.

Hope this is relevant. Might be worth it to experiment with one of those mags you have.