THE VEPR FORUM

Atterete Dominatum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:48 am 

Hey guys just purchased my first vepr a month ago and finally was able to take it to the range today and unfortunately I had multiple feeding issues from the start (failure to feed, double feed) with the molot mags that came with the rifle...after doing some searching, this doesn't seem to be a common issue with these mags. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? Where do I begin diagnosing the problem? Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:04 pm 

Hey Joey,

Is your Vepr converted to take Milsurp Mags? Is there a bullet ramp installed?

Does it work when you hand cycle?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:42 pm 

No bullet guide installed, it will hand cycle if I push mags upward while cycling...I've ordered bullet guide and different mags...I'm hoping it's the mags, if it isn't, what should be the next thing to check? Bolt maybe?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:34 pm 

I am not sure man, whenver I have had feeding problem with AK platform its always been the mags. A particular mag doesn't like a particular rifle. It is unusual to have this problem with your factory vepr magazines for sure. So you are ordering a bullet guide and different mags? milsurp mags?

I would be interested to know if milsurp mags lock into your rifle without modifying the mag catch. Typically you need to file down the mag catch a bit to make milsurp mags fit but it sounds like your mag catch may be out of spec. (could be a lot of things but this would be relatively minor and if you plan on using milsurp mags might not be a problem at all).

Are your mags wobbly? If you remove your bolt carrier and insert a magazine does your ejector touch the mag lip?